About Me

My photo
Canada
With a B.Ed., M.Ed., and over 10 years of classroom teaching experience, Chantelle has been privileged to observe the fruits of many living philosophies. By continually striving to live the best life possible, Chantelle has been able to overcome many personal challenges in life and enjoys helping others do the same. In 2001, Chantelle stepped into her first yoga class and has been amazed at the ways it has transformed her life. In 2007 she studied under Shri Yogi Hari of the Sivananda lineage and became a certified yoga teacher. She has since earned the E-RYT designation from Yoga Alliance and continues to study under various Indian Master Yogis. In October 2013 launched Prana Yoga & Wellness, offering private/corporate yoga and stress management workshops based on Eastern wisdom. Chantelle frequently appears as a guest speaker and is involved with various community projects and local non-profit organizations. Dedicated to walking her talk, Chantelle is not afraid to do the necessary work to remain happily married and be a healthy role model for her two young daughters.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Return to the Ocean My Friend

 Today my husband and I received news that a friend of ours died suddenly of a heart attack this morning. He was 36 years old and left behind a wife and two small children. I trust what has happened, but it saddens me just the same. Only love can heal this wound for the Hookey family.

Ocean

Life is mysterious
Everyday shows
A new meaning
Sometimes
I get so confused
And things seem
So muddled

It's not until
The tide has rolled in
And receded back
From the shore
That I can see
The bits of debris
That explain
Why life
Has happened
The way
It has

Sometimes
I am anxious
Too curious
Too impatient
To wait and see
So I plunge
Into the wave
That surrounds me

Even with a mask
And snorkel
All I see
Is a large
cloud of clutter
It's dark
And dirty

A million
Particles everywhere
Yet I can be
So determined
To find answers
That I waste
Precious energy
Trying to find
My way through
The murkiness
That has now
Turned into
Pettiness

Not until
I am forced
To shore by
The strong thrust
Of a wave
And the water
Is too choppy
To venture
Into Again
Will I sit
And wait

And like always
The debris
Collects
In the sand
And I am
Quickly reminded
Whether it's a
Beautiful shell
From the sea
Or a gray
Skeleton of
A fish

I remain
Not only
Living
But a part
Of the Universe

1 comment:

  1. I love the imagery of a receding tide that leaves debris behind, helping us decipher meaning. It's a powerful and resonant metaphor.

    ReplyDelete